Apr 17, 2019
- SIUE is ranked No. 48 nationally and second in the Ohio Valley Conference in fielding percentage (.968).
- The Cougars are 24th nationally and second in the OVC in stolen bases per game (1.80).
- Three SIUE players are among the top 10 in the OVC in stole bases. Janie Smith leads the team (0.40 per game) followed by Alana Cobb-Adams and Alyssa Heren (0.38).
- Heren leads the OVC in doubles per game (0.40). As a team, SIUE is second in the OVC in doubles (1.37 per game) and ranked 88th nationally.
- Heren needs 17 hits for 200 in her collegiate career. She currently is 13th on the all-time hits list with 183. Only nine players all-time have collected 200 or more hits. That includes two players (Alex McDavid and Chelsea Yankolovich) in the Division I era.
- Zoe Schafer became the latest Cougar earlier this season to pass 100 career hits. More than one-third of her 123 career hits have been extra-base hits. She holds a career .322 batting average, which is
- Smith needs one more stolen base to become the 17th player in school history to record 50 career stolen bases. She has been a pinch runner for the Cougars for four seasons and has never made a plate appearance.
- Heren is tied for sixth all-time in stolen bases (64), seventh all-time in doubles (41) and home runs (18), and 11th all-time in runs scored (120).