Posted: Dec 03, 2019
Complete Game Notes
SIUE Cougars (1-5, 0-0 OVC)
vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (3-6, 0-0 Summit)
Wed., Dec. 4, 5:30 p.m. CT
First Community Arena at the Vadalabene Center
Live Stats: SIUEstats.com
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Radio: WSIE FM 88.7 (Brad Barnes)
Live Audio: www.SIUECougarNetwork.com
ABOUT TODAY'S OPPONENT
• Purdue Fort Wayne is coming off a 60-46 road loss at Monmouth.
• Hannah Albrecht is the teams leading scorer at 13.7 points per game.
• PFW has used nine players so far this season. Albrecht and Shayla Sellers are both averaging more than 30 minutes played per game.
LAST TIME OUT
• Despite a strong first quarter, SIUE dropped a 68-51 contest at Missouri back on Nov. 24.
• The Cougars collected a season-high 23 offensive rebounds at Missouri. The team is averaging 16.2 offensive rebounds per game over its first six contests.
• SIUE is ranked 27th nationally in offensive rebounds per game.
• SIUE recorded 31 three-point attempts against Missouri, which is the most by an SIUE team since March 15, 2012, when the Cougars played Wright State in the opening round of the Women's Basketball Invitational (WBI).
• Alek Akuen set a season best with five points at Missouri.
• Junior forward Zaria Whitlock is the team's leading shooter from the field, hitting 13 of 22 shots (59.1 percent).
• SIUE's defense held Nebraska to 1 of 13 shooting in the second period (7.7 percent). Nebraska scored just four points in that period.
• SIUE has been taking care of the basketball with just 11 turnovers against Missouri. The Cougars have a plus 2.5 turnover margin against opponents.
• Bria Stallworth has posted the team's best plus-minus statistic for a single game with 20 vs. Evansville.• Coach Paula Buscher announced the signing of 6-5 Tori Hamilton (Paris, Missouri) and 6-2 Madison Webb (Bedford, Indiana), who will join the Cougars next season.
• The Cougars continue this hometand with a contest Sunday against Loyola.