Posted: Nov 16, 2019
Complete Game Notes
SIUE Cougars (1-2, 0-0 OVC)
vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-0, 0-0 Big Ten)
Sun., Nov. 17, 2 p.m. CT
Lincoln, Neb. | Pinnacle Bank Arena
Live Stats: https://huskers.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary
Live Video: Big Ten Plus
Live Radio: WSIE FM 88.7 (Brad Barnes)
Live Audio: www.SIUECougarNetwork.com
ABOUT TODAY'S OPPONENT
• Nebraska won its third straight game to start the season with a 78-55 victory over Morgan State Thursday.
• Leigha Brown leads the Cornhuskers with a 16.7 scoring average.
• Kate Cain is among the national leaders in blocks with 14 in three games.
LAST TIME OUT
• SIUE earned its first victory of the season, an 85-74 triumph over Evansville. Five players scored in double figures for the Cougars.
• Bria Stallworth is playing against her former school and appeared in the only other contest in this series. Stallworth scored a game-high 21 points off the bench as Nebraska defeated SIUE 62-53 on Nov. 11, 2017.
• A handful of players recorded career highs in the win over Evansville. Included in that list is Mikayla Kinnard (15), Zaria Whitlock (13), Ajulu Thatha (13) and Mikia Keith (13).
• It was the second double-digit scoring effort of the season for Kinnard, who scored 12 points off the bench against SIU Carbondale.
• SIUE is ranked 35th nationally in steals with 35 through three games.
• Troeckler recorded her second double-digit scoring effort of the season against Evansville. She leads the team in career double-digit scoring with 17 games.
• SIUE is ranked third in the OVC in turnovers forced at 20.7 per contest.
• Stallworth and Keith are tied for the team lead in three-pointers made with four.
• Christen King is second in the OVC and 77th nationally in free throw percentage at 91.7 percent, hitting 11 of 12 from the charity stripe.
• SIUE had one change on the sidelines and one addition. Jasmine James takes over as the Director of Operations. Jay'nee Alston turns in her game jersey for a clipboard as a graduate assistant manager.
• SIUE returns home to the First Community Arena at the Vadalabene Center for a 7 p.m. tilt Wednesday against Saint Louis.