Feb 08, 2019
SIUE Cougars (10-12, 5-6 OVC) vs. Murray State Racers (8-14, 4-7 OVC)
Sat., Feb. 9, 5 p.m. CT
Murray, Ky. | CFSB Center
Murray, Ky. | CFSB Center
Live Stats: SIUEstats.com
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Radio: WSIE FM 88.7 (Brad Barnes)
Live Audio: www.SIUECougarNetwork.com
ABOUT TODAY'S OPPONENT
• Murray State is coming off a 60-51 overtime win over Eastern Illinois. Macey Turley and Janika Griffith-Wallace led the team with 18 points each. Evelyn Adebayo pulled down a career-high 20 rebounds.
• Adebayo is the OVC's leading rebounder at 11.5 caroms per game and leads the Racers with 17.9 points per game.
• Turley needs seven assists for 100 this season.
• Austin Peay seemed to have all the answers Thursday in a 77-65 final over SIUE. The Governors hit 10 of 23 timely three-pointers (43.5 percent) and connected on 23 of 27 shots (85.7 percent) from the free throw line.
• This is the seventh season for SIUE Head Coach Paula Buscher. She led the Cougars to a Women's Basketball Invitational appearance last season, the second such NCAA Division I postseason tournament appearance for SIUE.
• Coach Buscher recorded win No. 100 at SIUE against McKendree. She recorded her 300th career victory last season.
• SIUE shot a season-best 55.2 percent from the field against Eastern Kentucky, hitting 32 of 58 shots.
• Micah Jones became the 30th player in school history to pass 900 career points. She currently has 939 points. Only 26 players in school history have passed the 1,000 mark.
• In back-to-back games, SIUE's bench has provided more than 60 percent of the team's scoring. SIUE bench players have scored 91 of the team's 139 points over the last two games.
• Nakiah Bell became the sixth player in school history to record 150 career three-pointers. She need two more to jump past Misi Clark (1997-00) and Jessica Robert (2000-03) for No. 4 all-time.
• Sydney Bauman, who has 46 blocks this season, holds the SIUE single-season record for blocks (63) set last season and is the all-time leader in blocks at SIUE with 179.
• Bauman is the first player in school history to record 40 or more blocks in three consecutive seasons.
• Christen King has scored in double digits five times this season. Bell leads the team with nine double-digit games.
• SIUE is No. 9 nationally in three-point field goal percentage defense at 25.7 percent.
• Coach Buscher announced four signees during early signing period. They include 5-9 guard Piper Francis (Mountain View, Missouri), 5-10 guard Tori Handley (Jeffersonville, Indiana), 5-11 forward Mikayla Kinnard (Louisville, Kentucky) and Ajulu Thatha (Indianapolis, Indiana).