Nov 30, 2018
Complete Game Notes
SIUE Cougars (3-1) vs. Saint Louis Billikens (3-4)
Sat., Dec. 1, 7 p.m. CT
St. Louis, Mo. | Chaifetz Arena
Live Stats: SIUEstats.com
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Radio: WSIE FM 88.7 (Brad Barnes)
• This is an interesting part of the schedule for the Billikens as they are coming off a 62-58 win over SIU Carbondale Thursday and will play host to UConn Tuesday.
• Jordyn Franz is the team's leading scorer with 14.7 points per game. Freshman Evan Zars is the team's leading rebounder at 5.7 caroms per game.
• This is the 21st meeting between the two teams. SIUE leads the series 12-8 having won last year's meeting at SIUE 79-72.
• Allie Troeckler posted her first career double-double Saturday as SIUE defeated Purdue Fort Wayne 57-49 on the road. Troeckler finished with a season-high 16 points and a career-high 12 rebounds. She shot 7 of 11 from the field and added a block and two steals.
• This is the seventh season for SIUE Head Coach Paula Buscher. She led the Cougars to a Women's Basketball Invitational appearance last season, the second such NCAA Division I postseason tournament appearance for SIUE.
• Coach Buscher needs two victories for 100 at SIUE. She recorded her 300th career victory last season.
• Coach Buscher announced four signees during early signing period. They include 5-9 guard Piper Francis (Mountain View, Missouri), 5-10 guard Tori Handley (Jeffersonville, Indiana), 5-11 forward Mikayla Kinnard (Louisville, Kentucky) and Ajulu Thatha (Indianapolis, Indiana).
• SIUE is ranked No. 7 nationally in fewest turnovers with 54.
• The Cougars are ranked No. 10 nationally in three-point field goal percentage defense (19.7 percent).
• Sydney Bauman currently is ranked No. 35 nationally in rebounds per game with 10.8 per game.
• Bauman continues to extend her career record in blocks. After recording two at Purdue Fort Wayne, she has 141 in her collegiate career.
• The game against Saint Louis is the fourth of nine consecutive road games with the Cougars playing away from home Nov. 14-Dec. 21.
• Micah Jones' 10 points at Purdue Fort Wayne is the most points she has scored since nabbing 13 at Jacksonville State (2/8/17). Jones has scored in double digits a team-leading 38 times in her collegiate career.
• SIUE has outrebounded all four of its opponents so far this season, but the most was by nine at Purdue Fort Wayne.
• SIUE leads the OVC and is 27th nationally in scoring defense (53.5 points per game).