Nov 10, 2018
• Blackout – Fans are encouraged to wear black to the game
• Hometown Heroes – up to four free tickets (additional $3)
• This is the first game of the six-game "All-You-Can-Eat" Concessions Package. Contact the SIUE Ticketing Office (855-SIUE-TIX) for more information. The package includes six games for $60 with all-you-can-eat hot dogs, soda and popcorn.
• Illinois State started the season with an 82-55 exhibition victory at home over Quincy.
• The Redbirds are slated to start two seniors for Sunday's opener. Simone Goods averaged 13.5 points and 6.0 rebounds per game last season. Katrina Beck averaged 6.0 points per game.
• Illinois State is led by second-year Head Coach Kristen Gillespie. The Redbirds were 14-16 under Gillespie last season.
AT THE START
• SIUE begins the season with a school-record 17 players on the roster.
• This is the start of seventh season for SIUE Head Coach Paula Buscher. She led the Cougars to a Women's Basketball Invitational appearance last season, the second such NCAA Division I postseason tournament appearance for SIUE.
• Coach Buscher's squad features four seniors, three juniors, four sophomore and six freshmen. Eight players, including transfers Alek Akuen and Riana Everidge, will have their first season in a Cougars uniform.
• The Cougars are 28-11 all-time in home openers. SIUE has won its last five home openers and 13 out of the last 15. SIUE defeated Air Force 76-40 in last season's home opener.
• SIUE is 23-15 all-time in season openers. The Cougars' last victory in a home opener was Nov. 13, 2015) when SIUE defeated Northern Illinois 93-67.
• Jay'Nee Alston returns as the team's leading scorer with 6.7 points per game.
• Sydney Bauman returns as the team's leading rebounder with 7.1 caroms per game.
• Bauman ranked third in the OVC last season and 43rd nationally with 63 blocked shots. That was an SIUE single-season record. She also broke the career record with 133.
• After SIUE's regular season home opener against Illinois State (Nov. 11), the Cougars are on the road for nine consecutive games from Nov. 14 to Dec. 21.
• SIUE has 12 home contests on the schedule. SIUE's Ohio Valley Conference regular season begins at home Jan. 3 against Southeast Missouri.
• Alston also leads SIUE returners in assists (65) and three-pointers made (36).
• Sophomore Allie Troeckler averaged 13.4 points per game in her last five games. She also is the top returner in steals with 28.