SIUE (13-21) vs.
Fri., April 19, 6 p.m.
Sat., April 20, 1 p.m. (doubleheader)
Roy E. Lee Field / Simmons Baseball Complex
Game 1: SIUE LHP David Llorens (3-4) vs. Valpo RHP Jon Tieman (1-6)
Game 2: SIUE RHP Collin Baumgartner (1-3) vs. Valpo RHP Colin Fields (2-4)
Game 3: SIUE RHP Kenny Serwa (1-0) vs. Valpo RHP Zach Fricke (0-2)
- SIUE has won four in a row, its longest winning streak of the year
- This is the Cougars' "bye" weekend from Ohio Valley Conference play
- SIUE is coming off a 13-3 win over Western Illinois Tuesday in seven innings. The 13 runs are a season high.
- The Cougars connected for three homers in the game against Western Illinois
- The Cougars hit a combined .327 in the series sweep of UT Martin
- SIUE is fifth in the OVC in batting average at .267
- Peyton Cordova-Smith leads SIUE in hitting at .316 overall. The senior first baseman hit .500 (5-10) with two RBIs and three runs scored last weekend against UT Martin
- Catcher Brock Weimer hit his 31st career home run in Tuesday's win over Western Illinois, which ranks him second all-time in home runs at SIUE. Devin Caldwell (2011-2014) holds the current record at 33
- Dustin Woodcock collected four hits against UT Martin last weekend and has 211 hits for his career, which ranks 17th all-time at SIUE. Woodcock is 13th on the career doubles list with 45
- SIUE has allowed 10 runs in the four-game winning streak for a team earned run average of 2.65 during the streak. Opposing hitters are hitting just .197 against the Cougars' pitching staff
- Cougar pitchers combined to strike out 49 hitters, while walking just 10 over the last four games
- Llorens (11.83) and Baumgartner (10.88) are second and fourth, respectively in strikeouts per nine innings in the OVC
- Reliever Braydon Bone has four saves, which is tied for fifth in the OVC. Cole Milam has three saves which puts him ninth in the league
- SIUE and Valparaiso have met just twice since SIUE made the move to NCAA Division I. The teams split a brief two-game series in 2011 in Edwardsville exactly eight years ago Sunday
- Valparaiso snapped a three-game losing streak with a Tuesday win over Western Michigan
- The Crusaders are sixth in the Missouri Valley Conference with a .241 batting average. Their pitching staff has a combined 7.02 ERA, which is eighth in the league
- Valpo has three of the top 20 hitters in the MVC. Chase Dawson leads the team in hitting with a .340 batting average which is fifth. Riley Dent is eighth with a .330 mark. Blake Billinger is 16th at .301