The purpose of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to support the mission of Athletics by providing a forum in which student-athletes and administrators can enhance the athletics experience at SIUE for the student-athletes, the campus community, and the community-at-large through the examination of mutual interests and concerns. The committee is comprised of a representative and an alternate representative from each athletic team and athletic administrators. This group of student-athletes meets monthly.
OVC SAAC Rep:
Baseball: Jarrett Bednar and Mario Tursi
Men's Basketball: C.J. Carr and Jalen Henry
Women's Basketball: Gwen Adams, Micah Jones
Cheer and Dance: Madison Frank, Sara Malone, Malina Murphy and Alyssa Williams
Women's Cross Country: Haley Briggs and Jessi Elder
Men's Golf: Dalton Charboneau and Spencer Underwood
Women's Golf: Serena Hou and Molly Marcum
Men's Soccer: Jason Hackett and TC Hull
Women's Soccer: Marissa Delgado and Alexandra Johnson
Softball: Haley Adrian and Ashley Koziol
Men's Tennis: Patrick Gaffigan and Mike Raymond
Women's Tennis: McKenzie Thomas and Mia Frogner
Men's Track and Field: Julian Harvey and Ezekiel Clerk
Women's Track and Field: Jacqueline Landuyt
Volleyball: Emily Harrison and Kaitlyn O’Reilly
Wrestling: Angelo Silvestro and Jake Tindle
Tuesday, March 15th at 6:30pm
Monday, April 11th at 6:30pm
UPCOMING HIGHLIGHT EVENTS:
Baseball: Friday, March 25th at 6:00pm vs Tennessee Tech
Men's Tennis: Saturday, April 2nd at 2:00pm vs Belmont
Softball: Sunday, April 3rd at 1:00pm vs SEMO
Women's Tennis: Saturday, April 9th at 2:00pm vs Jacksonville State
Men's Track and Field: Saturday, April 16th All Day
Women's Track and Field: Friday, April 29th Evening
STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE HANDBOOK:
- Raised over $500 as part of an OVC wide initiative to send local military veterans to the OVC Basketball Championships in Nashville, TN. The fundraising efforts resulted in SIUE send a local veteran to the championship.
- Earned first place finish in a campus wide Homecoming Spirit Week Competition.
- Collected hundreds of toiletries to be donated to a local women's shelter as part of the e Toiletry Frenzy.
- Collected over 700 cans and $575 that were donated to a local food pantry in Collinsville, IL.
- Hosted over 140 children from the community in a Kids Night Out event.