The purpose of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to support the mission of Athletics by providing a forum in which student-athletes and administrators can enhance the athletics experience at SIUE for the student-athletes, the campus community, and the community-at-large through the examination of mutual interests and concerns. The committee is comprised of a representative and an alternate representative from each athletic team and athletic administrators. This group of student-athletes meets monthly.
OVC SAAC Rep:
Baseball: Jarrett Bednar and Mario Tursi
Men's Basketball: C.J. Carr and Jalen Henry
Women's Basketball: Gwen Adams and Alexis Chappelle
Cheer and Dance: Madison Frank, Sara Malone, Jennifer Garland and Malina Murphy
Women's Cross Country: Haley Briggs and Jessi Elder
Men's Golf: Dalton Charboneau
Women's Golf: Molly Marcum
Men's Soccer: TC Hull, Brett Lane and Jacob Wieser
Women's Soccer: Marissa Delgado and Alexandra Johnson
Softball: Haley Adrian
Men's Tennis: Patrick Gaffigan and Mike Raymond
Women's Tennis: McKenzie Thomas and Mia Frogner
Men's Track and Field: Julian Harvey and Ezekiel Clerk
Women's Track and Field: Jacqueline Landuyt
Volleyball: Emily Harrison and Kaitlyn O’Reilly
Wrestling: Angelo Silvestro and Jake Tindle
UPCOMING HIGHLIGHT EVENTS:
Men's Golf: Monday, September 28th (all day) and Tuesday, September 29th (until 1pm) at Gateway National Golf Links
Women's Soccer: Friday, October 2nd at 7pm at Korte Stadium
Men's Cross Country: Saturday, October 3rd at 10am at SIUE Cross Country Course
Women's Cross Country: Saturday, October 3rd at 10:45am at SIUE Cross Country Course
Volleyball: Friday, October 16th at 7pm at the Vadalabene Center
Men's Soccer: Saturday, November 8th at 7pm at Korte Stadium
STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE HANDBOOK:
- Raised over $500 as part of an OVC wide initiative to send local military veterans to the OVC Basketball Championships in Nashville, TN. The fundraising efforts resulted in SIUE send a local veteran to the championship.
- Earned first place finish in a campus wide Homecoming Spirit Week Competition.
- Collected hundreds of toiletries to be donated to a local women's shelter as part of the e Toiletry Frenzy.
- Collected over 700 cans and $575 that were donated to a local food pantry in Collinsville, IL.
- Hosted over 140 children from the community in a Kids Night Out event.